The Ward Clerk is a key part of the healthcare team providing support to the nursing staff with clerical and recordkeeping functions.
- Schedules physician appointments.
- Answers the telephone at the nursing station and directs calls.
- Charts vital signs.
- Completes room tray requests.
- Receives and distributes mail.
- Records equipment rentals.
- Maintains nursing equipment and supplies and forms as needed
- Assists with the documentation of resident admission, discharge, and transfer.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Graduate/GED
- Knowledge of medical terminology helpful
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Certified Nursing Assistant CNA preferred